The mission of our volunteer program is to offer meaningful volunteer
opportunities for international volunteers and seek sustainable solutions
for education, health, conservation, and development issues in Nepal. We
hope to achieve this goal by offering community oriented volunteer programs
in which the efforts of our volunteers directly help the less fortunate
people and their communities.
Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in a variety of educational
and community aid programs. This will give you a chance to make an important
contribution to the people of Nepal and while doing so gain an in-depth
experience of the country and culture, which will stay with you the rest of
The volunteer opportunities are in the following areas
- Teaching english at Buddhist Monastery
- Home-stay and Cultural Exchange Programs - Among our 30 host families
- English Language Instruction - Teaching in a school
- Environmental & Sanitation Awareness - ecotourism or working with green clubs
- Primary Health Care Education
- Assisting at orphanage Home
- Work in a Disabled Care Facility
- Provide Veterinary Care - Among our Host Families' animals and village animals
- Administrative Support - To help in the office with fundraising, developing the program and correspondence.
NOTE-Volunteers are welcome to design their own program in various areas -
You are most welcome to work in any field and we will support you to arrange all the necessary aspects of your placement.
Please note that if you choose to volunteer at an orphanage , these take place during the mornings and afternoons. Most of our volunteers will thus choose to volunteer at a local school during the day.
To confirm your placement with us you need to send us your flight details so that we will pick you up at the airport. Though we can accomodate
last-minute volunteers, we prefer to receive flight arrival information at least a month in advance.
The placements are available in Kathmandu Valley, Kavre, Langtang, Pokhara, Nawalparasi and Chitwan, all of which are near to a city. Volunteers can
look up the places to get more of a feel for the areas. Furthermore, we will discuss your exact placement when you arrive according to your needs, saftey
considerations and availability. Our local co-ordinators will be looking after you.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications from our volunteers. All we ask is that you have a genuine desire to help people and a willingness to
experience a new culture and lifestyle.
Please feel free to contact us-
MOVE Nepal- Global Volunteers for Nepal
Email- email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org