Outreach to other organizations regarding the Aid Workers Network is essential for AWN to be of value to aid, relief and development workers. Outreach is a critical activity for AWN.
The AWN Outreach Manager
- answers emails sent through the AWN web site regarding partnership proposals and link exchanges
- continually identifies international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), UN agencies, corporations engaged in aid, relief and development activities, universities and other institutions that should know about AWN, and emails these organizations to introduce them to AWN and to invite their staff to join
- tracks when organizations were contacted by AWN, or contacted AWN, and the results of these contacts, and provides updates on these activities to the AWN board once-a-month
- drafts strategies to increase the number of aid, relief and
development professionals who are members of AWN
- works with/manages other online volunteers regarding AWN outreach activities
- lets the AWN volunteer manager know if volunteers are needed in support of outreach activities (the AWN volunteer manager recruits and screens potential candidates, and then passes on vetted candidates to the AWN Outreach Manager)
The volunteer in the role of AWN Outreach Manager:
- must already be a member of AWN
- have excellent writing skills and online communications skills
- fluency in English
- great attention to detail
- a commitment to seeing an assignment through to completion
- a passion for the mission of AWN.
A background in marketing or public relations is highly desired.
The person who fills this position is expected to provide service to AWN at least 5 hours a month.
The volunteer who takes on the role of AWN outreach manager needs to commit to do this assignment regularly for at least six months. Near the end of that period, he or she will be given the option to extend for additional months or to resign.
TO EXPRESS INTEREST
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, a description of why you are interested in this position and why you feel you are qualified for such, and a CV attached.
Candidates are initially asked questions via email related to the aforementioned qualifications. If a candidate demonstrates the proper qualifications, he or she will then be asked to complete an online orientation (via email, with an optional video), and then he or she will be asked to sign an agreement accepting the assignment for six months.